Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Feb 6, 2007 - POTD


Here is a picture of my little primitive tree and one of my raggedy ann dolls. I somehow have a collection of rag dolls now. I just love them and anything primitive looking. This picture is blown out just like the last one but I like that the background looks seamless. In the pictures that didn't look blown out I could see the crease where my two foam board pieces came together. Is there a trick on getting it too look seamless without letting too much light on. I probably used a flash on this one. Here are my settings from photoshop: iso 1600, f-stop 4.0, shutter 1/60sec

4 comments:

nomo wino daph said...

Ahhh...memories of my childhood.
I like that seemless look also. Not sure what the secret is too it but looks like you did it!

Lauren Hartman said...

Hey Hope, You asked on my photo of the cream colored tulips what my settings were and I thought it might be best to post it here rather than on my blog.

ISO 400, SS 125, F4.8. I don't know what my FEC was, but that is key. Unfortunately that info doesn't come up in PS, and I used a variety of settings until I got some that worked. It was somewhere between 0 and +1. My white wasn't absolutely pure white SOOC, but I adjusted the levels in PS and used selective color to get it pure white.

I noticed you used an ISO of 1600 on this photo of yours. I don't know that it was necessary to have it that high when you're using the flash. Hope this helps a bit!

Lorrie said...

Try using a seamless background like in a lightbox or something. Nice picture, but it really is a bit to blown out. Or you could use PS to fix the seam...

Dar Kaso said...

Cute primatives. It is a bit blown out. You can try getting rid of the seam in PS.