Saturday, February 10, 2007

Jan 10, 2007 - POTD


No botanicals again today. Sorry. I just can't get in the botanical mood with 6 inches of snow on the ground. I'm pretty happy with this shot. I know it's not all technically correct but I think it's pretty neat. Matt is no 22. He is going up for the shot. I did not use a flash on my camera but the newspaper guy that was sitting 1 row up and a few feet away I guess was using a flash and we must have clicked at the same time so I got this shadow of the players in my pic. I think it looks pretty cool. Ran image through noiseware and adjusted levels. ISO 1600, P mode on camera.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Great action shot. What lens do you use? I shot my first HS basketball game last night and it was fun. I definitely need to get a 50mm 1.8 or 1.4 though.

Mom2Drew said...

You would not know it was ISO 1600...maybe that's the noiseware working it's magic. Anyway...fun action and great memory! I admire these sorts of pics because I can appreciate how difficult they are. Nice job!

Sue said...

The shadows you captures on the walls are pretty cool! Did you see that! Neat :)

Michelle said...

fun capture, great action shot!

Sue said...

Hey Hope - my speedlite has a sevel head. This is not the onboard flash when I am referring to flash :) Some of them don't swivel - so when I bounce mine, I can keep the camera in the same position but change teh direction of the light ;)

Rheagan Leatherwood said...

SOrry, it has been so long since I have been to your blog. I have been sick. I love this. I took some pictures at a baxketball game and they didn't turn out near this good. Great action shot & COLOR