Monday, January 22, 2007

Jan 22, 2007 - POTD


I went on a nature walk at lunchtime and found this right below my house. Sure I had to climb down a hill to get to it but it was worth almost falling down the hillside. LOL. I changed my settings on my camera to RAW format before going on the walk. It's the first time I have ever tried to shoot in RAW. I have no idea what my settings are on this photo or how I can find out. I had just figured out how to go to file info in adobe and see the settings but these photos wouldn't open with adobe. I downloaded another program to manipulate the RAW format but couldn't figure out how to get iso, etc.. I'm pretty sure I changed the ISO to 200 for most of the shots I took today. On another note can anyone please tell me how to change my shutter speed and f-stop on my cannon digital eos? I am desperate. I have been through several canon tutorials but can not find this info. I do not have a manual to look through. I figured out how to change iso and white balance and formats but that's about it. Every time I try to take a manual shot I get a complete white screen so I'm assuming my shutter speed is all messed up. Thanks!

3 comments:

Katie said...

NIce shot, I like the red of the leaves w/the bright green moss.

Rheagan Leatherwood said...

Hope....try this.
To change your shutter speed just roll the black dial. And to change the f-stop roll the same dial while holding the Av button on the back of the camera. Hopes this helps. Great pictures by the way. Haven't seen much of anything, of yours, that wasn't.

Krissynae said...

Beautiful waterfall. Love the colos and angle.