Monday, January 29, 2007

Jan 29, 2007 - POTD


I should have plenty sports pictures to share this week. Since it's basketball season and it seems we are going to basketball games every other night. I'm getting a little better shooting in the gym since the beginning of the season. I always up my iso to 1600 and I use my 70-300mm lense to zoom in. I've had better success sitting under some type of light source and sit close to courtside as possible. I usually use P or AV mode when shooting in the gyms since I haven't got the nerve to go Manual yet. I've tried to sports mode but all my pictures turn out very fuzzy. I wish I could anticipate the action better but I guess that will come with time. Here is my stepson Matt coming down the court calling a play. I sort of like how the home crowd is in the background and the ball looks like it's moving in this picture. Another thing I like to do is sit on the visitor side so I get the home crowd in the shots instead of the other school fans.

8 comments:

Jan said...

Great shot!! My bball pics aren't this good... I always seem to end up with everyone's back instead of face! I like the motion of the ball, too. Kind of sets the mood! TFS...

Michelle said...

great shot! i love the expression on his face.

mel said...

thanks for the suggestions! My bball shots in sports mode turn out fuzzy too, did you read the suggestion of metering the light off of the floor? It might help make the colors more crisp.
This is a great shot. I also love the motion of the ball, it makes it look intense-- and matches his expression. Great job!

Heidi said...

Great job! Good point about sitting on the visitor side. :)

Krissynae said...

You are going to laugh but My mom went to Poca High class of 69. She grew up in the area. I think we still have a few relatives in the area. My grandmother was born in Alum Creek. Small world. Love the pictures. Great action shot.

Michelle said...

wow, great action shot.

--cherry said...

I love have you've captured the movement of the ball!! What a great shot!!

Shannon said...

I like the expression on his face! :)

**You've been tagged** :) See my blog for more info!